Covid-19 Response: Guidance & Support from the Virtual School
- The expectation is for all of our children and young people to be attending their educational setting as normal during lockdown – unless there is a valid reason for this, and it has been agreed with their social worker and Virtual School has been informed. If your Child in Care is not attending, we would ask that all Designated Teachers stay in regular contact with the young people and their families to ensure their well-being, and to check on their engagement and access to remote learning.
- All children and young people in Care from Year 5 upwards should have a working electronic device to access remote learning. Care Leavers engaged in education, job-seeking and other training opportunities are also entitled to a device. If there are other circumstances in which younger children require a device, please agree this in their PEP and send the usual request form to the Virtual School email box.
- All children and young people in Care are entitled to one hour per week 1:1 online tuition in English or Maths (arranged by the Virtual School). This should be discussed in the PEP and requested via the Virtual School. If more hours or subjects are required, please get in contact with us and demonstrate need on the PEP paperwork.
- School CPD: Collective Recovery Webinars
- WVS has commissioned a series of three webinars around collective recovery in education. They were written and delivered specifically for education staff, by Louise Bomber, but we are aware that they will benefit other professionals supporting children too. Louise's expertise is in the area of trauma recovery, especially for those in the fostering and adoption context. Her passion is to see genuine inclusion so that all children, regardless of their childhood experiences (including exposure to toxic stress) get access to good, quality education.
- Please click the following link http://bit.ly/WKHvs_CRW and use the password: WKHvs#CtrwS0221 to access the three webinars and their associated handouts, a flyer with an overview of each webinar, a primary and secondary school transition guide, and the certificates personalised to Wokingham VS to support CPD logs (we have set an expiry of 24th May on this link). Please note that the password will not work if you cut and paste it. We have also uploaded the Primary and Secondary Guides on returning to education below.